Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Brothers Bloom

So, I've been racking my brains trying to come up with a personal illustration for the movie 'The Brothers Bloom.' I really enjoyed the movie, and thought that it got written off too soon as a Wes Anderson knock off. While director Rian Johnson may have used some similar stylistic choices, I thought it aimed for something different than Anderson's movies, especially in regards to storytelling and how certain personalities try to control their own lives through story.

But back to the illustration...I did this drawing in my sketchbook, and while I don't see this as being the final illustration, I do think this gives me something to work around. I may include some close ups of the two female leads, Penelope and Bang Bang, as well as a playing card motif. We'll see...

No comments: