Just wanted to give a quick update on the progress of the painting commission I'm working on. A couple months back, I posted pics of the drawing, and I've been hard at work on the final version. Yesterday, I think I turned a corner when I added a wet-on-wet layer to the background and ceiling, and I think it really helps to create a look and atmosphere for the painting. Below are a few pics of the painting at this stage.
Yep, due to my living situation for the summer, I'm painting this on the floor. It's not as bad as it might look, but I definitely need to give my legs a break every now and then.
I'm just now starting to tackle the people in the background, who will have a little less detail than the foreground characters. At first, I was reluctant to add the ink outlines, but I think it helps to tie everything together, and is just an aspect of my style that I can't let go of.
A detail. The picture is a bit brighter than the actual painting, but this gives you an idea of the texture on the walls and ceiling.
There's still a ways to go, but I'm confident that this can be completed by mid-August. Just gotta keep chipping away...