Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dr. Sketchy's - April 16, 2011

Went to my first Dr. Sketchy's event ever, right here in Philadelphia. Here are some of the drawings:
above: a couple 5 minute sketches that ran into each other


The theme of the event was 'Art Deco,' and the hostess had a couple challenges for us. One was to incorporate some kind of leashed animal (real or imaginary) into the sketch above. I liked the way the pose turned out, but I kind of ran into a wall with the animal part. Probably for the best.
Libra

The second challenge was to transform the pose into a letter, number, or astrological sign. My two sketches for this were more successful, and Libra, the image above, was my favorite of the day (because everyone knows that Libras are the best!).

F

And above is my attempt at the letter F.

So, there you have it. It was a lot of fun. I plan on going again. And you should go if your own city has them. The end.

No comments: