Saturday, June 04, 2011

Spider-Man Sketches

If you've been keeping up with the blog, you may have seen me mention something about a personal Spider-Man project, just a five page sample to try my hand at something 'mainstream.' The project is somewhat...stalled at the moment, due to other projects, of course. I have the page layouts complete and the panels roughed out, but at the moment I'm not sure when I'll be able to pick it up again.

However, I have been able to work out some sketches for the characters I'll be using. I have to admit, my sketching style can be infuriating. I'm always amazed by people's clean sketching styles, because it is the complete opposite of mine. My own is always frenetic, like my brain and hand can't get the drawing out quick enough so that the next one can be drawn. I don't particularly like the practice, but that's just how it has always been, and I've learned how to work around it. Honestly, I'm amazed I get anything done.

Mary Jane Watson


Your Friendly Neighborhood Web Head
Electro

No comments: